- In your web browser, navigate to the switch's IP address or hostname, making sure to use HTTPS:
- Log in with the username and password of the user possessing administrator privileges:
- Click on Analytics in the menu on the left-hand side:
- Click on the title of the Scripts tile:
At the top of the window, click the cloud ASE icon towards the right:
ACCEPT the license agreement:
- Wait for the window to be populated with the Aruba-curated scripts. Only those that are tagged for the platform you are using will be shown. Select the appropriate script to monitor the desired values, and click INSTALL:
- On the Analytics page, click the title in the Scripts tile:
At the top of the window, click the UPLOAD button towards the left:
- Navigate to the location containing the script (which should be a Python file with the appropriate .py extension) and select it:
- Follow the upload prompt and click NEXT:
After the script has been installed on the system, to initiate the monitoring process an Agent needs to be created.
- Select the script in the Scripts window from which you want to create an agent and click + CREATE AGENT:
- In the "Create Agent" form, name the agent (nomenclature requirements shown in red), fill in all mandatory fields (i.e. those without default values) and optional fields, and click CREATE. This will create your agent which will begin monitoring immediately.
Upon creating the agent you are brought to the Agents list page, where you can see your newly created agent among all the other agents.
From this page, you can click on the name of an agent in order to view its Agent Details page and graph.
Amount of days listed is the maximum as long as data does not go over the above amount of disk storage allocated to NAE for that particular model. If the disk storage allocated has reached it's max, NAE will remove the oldest data in order to make space for newer data added.
- Identifies general faults and helps protect against network loops and issues caused by defective peripherals.
- Minimum firmware version 10.04 required. Monitors overall hardware device health using the Temperature Sensor, Fan Sensor, and Fault Finder scripts.
- Minimum firmware version 10.04 required. Monitors overall software device health using the MAC Count, MAC Decrease Rate, Fault Finder, Daemon Resource, and VSX Health scripts.
Updated about 2 years ago